Welcome to the Legion of Blue Gameday Guide!
In this guide you will find everything you need to know about gameday with Legion of Blue! If there is anything you cannot find, or still have unanswered questions, please feel free to email us through the “Contact Us” page.
Season tickets are sold before the season begins. Stay tuned to the different Legion of Blue social media pages to stay up to date on ticket sales. If you do not wish to purchase season tickets, you can buy an individual game student ticket at the door for $5. Student season ticket holders enter the building 1 hour and 15 minutes before tip, while all general admission students may enter the building 1 hour before tip. The student gate is Gate A. This is the closest gate to IM Building.
For the 2017-2018 season, new security measures have been added by the Bryce Jordan Center. To view the new procedures, click here.
Once you make it into the Bryce Jordan Center, come join us in the student section! The student section is along the sideline opposite the team benches. Join us in section 120L, 121L, 122L, 123L, 124L, or 125L. When those sections are full, our overflow section is usually behind the band in section 131 (subject to change for certain games).
Food will be available to student season ticket holders before every home game that is included in the student season ticket package. It will be made available in the corner of the arena below section 120L. Food is available on a first come, first serve basis, so be sure to ARRIVE EARLY!
When you enter the section, you will receive “40 Minutes”. This is your paper guide to everything Legion of Blue and Penn State Basketball. It will have the “Target of the Game”, so please take a look and remember who he is. 40 Minutes will also have upcoming games and events involving Legion of Blue and the Penn State Basketball programs. Be sure to take a picture of your copy, because you won’t have it for long!
Just before tip, “Sandstorm” by Darude will play over the PA system, as well as the Legion of Blue hype video on the big screen. When the song begins, rip up your copy of “40 Minutes” and hold onto it. When the beat drops, throw the paper shreds into the air and chant “P-S-U P-S-U P-S-U” along with the beat of the song. This will create an intimidating environment for the opponent seconds before the game begins. Check out our edition of “Sandstorm” from our #FillTheForum event this Summer!
During the Game
We encourage you to be loud and creative with everything you do during the game, but remember to keep it clean and don’t cross the line. Explicit language may result in removal from the arena. We have a number of traditions during games. Follow the chants started by the Execs, or start your own! Just make sure to BE LOUD!
- We Are clap, clap PENN STATE! clap, clap
- Here We Go Lions, Here We Go! clap, clap
- Let’s Go State! clap
- Let’s Go Lions! clap, clap, clap-clap-clap
- P! – S! – U! clap
- PSU Free Throws
- When our player receives the ball, clap twice.. clap, clap
- When our player is shooting, raise both hands with spirit fingers
- Jump and Scream! Be LOUD!
- DE-FENSE clap clap DE-FENSE
- Boo the intended target. See 40 Minutes at the games.
- Opposing Team Free Throws
- Be Loud!
- Opposing Team Travel
- 1..2..1..2..You get 2 steps!
- Opposing Player Fouls Out
- Walk them off! Left..Right..Left..Right..Left..Right..(When he sits down)SEE YA!
The in game experience is what you make it. Jump, be loud, have fun, and make each game a memorable time.
Stick around postgame to sing the Alma Mater with the team. After most games, the team will finish the Alma Mater and come high five the student section. Please clean up your garbage and return any fatheads, signs, costumes or props to the Executive Board members.
If you need help or have any questions before the game, please contact the closest Executive Board member. Executive Board members can be identified by their Penn State Athletics Credentials. Once the game begins, Exec members will put away their credentials, so if you still need help and cannot identify anyone, contact the closest usher.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need some help? No Problem! We’re willing to answer any question you have about Legion of Blue. We have provided a list of common questions and answers.
- How Do I join Legion of Blue?
- Simply purchase your season tickets and/or stand with us on game day. There is no specific membership fee to join Legion of Blue.
- How do I purchase season tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased on the Student Central page of GoPSUsports.com. The tickets will be placed on your student ID card, which you will need to swipe when you enter the Bryce Jordan Center.
- How much are tickets?
- Season tickets for the 2017-2018 campaign are priced for only $35!
- Can I sell tickets?
- No, you are not able to sell basketball tickets.
- What about seating?
- Our seating is general admission, meaning seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend that you come early to secure the best seats. At Legion of Blue, the first row is NOT reserved for executive board members, so feel free to stand there if it is open!
- What should I wear on game day?
- Blue unless specified otherwise.
- How can I become more involved?
- Legion of Blue holds yearly officer interviews. Information will become available in the spring semester.